Pulled pork stuffed jalapenos are a great little idea for a starter or party food. Give it a go and enjoy the good life.
We replaced the usual jalapeños with sweet mini-peppers since they’re easier to get hold of in the UK. But any lost heat is sufficiently replaced by our Gran Luchito chipotle paste. If you prefer a bit more spice – just go for it!
Of course, if you can get hold of fresh jalapeños, you could.
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 180 fat 14g saturates 5.5g carbs 4.3g sugars 2.5g fibre 1.6g protein 8.4g salt 1.2g
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas 4.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the grated Cheddar, Gran Luchito chipotle chilli paste, half the chives, the cream cheese, pulled pork and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Fill the pepper halves with the mixture.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top, lightly drizzle with olive oil, then cook in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the breadcrumbs are nicely golden.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon until crisp, then chop it very finely. Mix with the remaining chives.
- Remove the poppers from the oven, then sprinkle with the bacon and chives.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.