Queso Fundido With Chorizo
This Queso Fundido with chorizo recipe is pretty sinful eating, but every now and again you’ve got to live a little. The recipe works really well either as a starter or a side dish with your main meal. In Mexico, they would normally dip tortillas into the queso fundido but we reckon that tortilla chips might be a better bet.
For this recipe, we used grated cheddar but if you’re a big fan of cheese you can try using different hard cheeses in the mix.
We really enjoyed serving this Chorizo Queso Fundido with a fajita sharing platter.
How to make it
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the spring onions and cook for 5 minutes, taking care not to burn them.
- Reserve a little of the chorizo, then add the rest to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the chipotle chilli paste and stir well.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Return the pan to the heat, add the alcohol and bring to the boil, stirring for a minute or so to deglaze the pan by mixing in any bits of chorizo and onion that have stuck to the pan.
- Gradually add the cheeses a small handful at a time, stirring until one handful has melted before adding the next. Leave over a low heat.
- Fry the reserved chorizo for a few minutes until crisp.
- Pour the salsa over the cheese mixture and sprinkle with the fried chorizo and coriander. Serve with tortilla chips, whole tortillas, raw vegetables or all of the above.