Uses Chipotle Paste
This authentic mexican rice recipe is a delight added to many classic Mexican mains. From chilli, stews or burritos, this dish can really add substance, and will soak up all of those wonderful flavours. Filled with sweetcorn and red pepper, you could also stir in some of our Refried Beans, sprinkle with shredded cheese and top with sour cream, to make it even better! See below for the recipe.
If you like rice, do have a look at our other recipe for Mexican Pulled Pork Fried Rice.
How to make it
- To prepare the rice, heat the olive oil in a large pan over a low/medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sweat gently until tender.
- Add the Smoky Chipotle Fajita and Taco Mix and tomato purée and combine by stirring well.
- Add the passata and stock and stir well.
- Add the rice, stir and bring to a boil. Reduce to a gentle simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes until almost all the liquid has been absorbed. If the rice starts to dry out, add more liquid as required.
- Add the sweet corn and red pepper, stir well and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes until hot through, the rice is cooked and all the liquid has been absorbed.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Honey