Enchiladas have to be one of the most popular Mexican comfort foods. Our Chorizo Enchiladas with Winter Veg are full of flavour and a crowd pleaser sure to bring joy and warmth to your family table. Chorizo Enchiladas are great for special occasions as they are great to feed a crowd and can be made ahead.
Our Gran Luchito Soft Taco Wraps wraps make the perfect wrap for these enchiladas, there is no need to warm them up before rolling as they come soft and malleable straight out of the packet.
The filling is made using seasonal winter vegetables, but you can prepare this recipe all year round and adapt your veggies to what is in season. Winter veggies are fried with chorizo, onion, garlic and seasoned with our Gran Luchito Smoky Chipotle Fajita and Taco Mix – a match made in Mexican heaven!
Once you wrap the enchiladas up they are ready to be covered in the red enchilada sauce prepared with Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste.
Use the luscious bright red sauce and pour it over your enchiladas, the last touch is to add the grated cheese on top and place your baking dish into the oven until the cheese creates a beautiful melted golden layer.
We like to serve these enchiladas with a crisp green salad. If you love enchiladas then be sure to check out favourite enchilada recipes.
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 110 fat 6.1g saturates 2.6g carbs 9.9g sugars 3.1g fibre 1.3g protein 3.8g salt 0.75g
How to make it
- Begin by preparing the sauce. Heat up the oil in a saucepan, then add the garlic and onion and fry gently over medium heat. Add the , tomato paste, smoked paprika and stir continuously. Cook everything for a minute or two.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, chicken stock, bay leaf, and season with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes. When the sauce is ready, remove it from the heat and place it in a blender. Blend smooth and then reserve.
- Start preparing your enchilada filling. In a large frying pan, heat up the oil over a medium heat. Once hot enough, fry the chorizo with the onion and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes, until the onions soften and the chorizo releases its oil. Now add the butternut squash, sweet potato and swede. Season with , then season with salt and pepper. Stir and let it cook for a minute or two.
- Next, add 1 cup of the enchilada sauce and the chicken stock into your veggie and chorizo mixture. Cover, and let it simmer on a medium temperature until your vegetables are cooked through.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/390˚F. Prepare a baking dish big enough to fit 10 enchiladas, then add a bit of enchilada sauce on the bottom and spread it.
- Add into your Soft Tacos a generous amount of your winter veg chorizo filling, roll and then place in the oven dish. Repeat the same process with the rest of the tortillas and filling.
- Once all your enchiladas are in the baking dish, pour the remaining enchilada sauce over them, making sure they are well coated in the sauce. Finally, add the grated cheese and season with freshly ground black pepper. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until they are piping hot and your cheese melts. Serve with a dollop of creme fraiche and freshly chopped coriander on top. Enjoy!
Download Our Free Guide To Enchiladas
Your free Enchilada guide will be emailed to you immediately. Serve your chorizo enchiladas with sides of: Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.
What To Serve With Chorizo Enchiladas With Winter Veg
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Serve your chorizo enchiladas with sides of:
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.