Mexican, Chilli Con Carne Burger
Chilli Con Carne Burger
We know very well how our Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste can transform a chilli con carne. So we were pretty confident that a Gran Luchito Chilli Con Carne Burger would be pretty special too. We weren’t wrong!
Be sure to check out our recipe for the Gran Luchito Juicy Lucy, an inside out Cheese Burger!
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 40 mins
Add The Chorizo and Chipotle Paste To The Beef Mince
How to make it
- To make the burgers, combine the beef mince, chorizo, Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste, crushed crackers, garlic paste, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, chopped kidney beans, egg, fresh coriander, salt & pepper. Best to mix by hand.
- If you’re keen to get your flavours bang on, heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook a tiny patty. Taste, adjust seasoning and re-do until happy.
- Form the mixture into patties (as big as you like). Put them on a plate, cover with clingfilm and leave in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, make your guacamole. Remove the flesh from the ripe avocados. Squash with the back on a fork and add lime juice, chopped coriander, tomato, a little olive oil, salt & pepper.
- After 15-20 mins in the fridge, remove the burgers. Heat a griddle pan/frying pan/bbq and add a little olive oil. Once smoking, add the burgers and don’t turn until nicely browned. Unless you’ve ground the beef yourself, you should cook the meat through fully. Place in a hot oven for 10mins to do this.
- Build your burger and serve with your choice of salads/tortilla chips/fries.
Calling all Mexican lovers!
Share your stories with #granluchito
sign up for free cookbook
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.