Chilli Con Carne Burger
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 40 mins
How to make it
- To make the burgers, combine the beef mince, chorizo, Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste, crushed crackers, garlic paste, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, chopped kidney beans, egg, fresh coriander, salt & pepper. Best to mix by hand.
- If you’re keen to get your flavours bang on, heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook a tiny patty. Taste, adjust seasoning and re-do until happy.
- Form the mixture into patties (as big as you like). Put them on a plate, cover with clingfilm and leave in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, make your guacamole. Remove the flesh from the ripe avocados. Squash with the back on a fork and add lime juice, chopped coriander, tomato, a little olive oil, salt & pepper.
- After 15-20 mins in the fridge, remove the burgers. Heat a griddle pan/frying pan/bbq and add a little olive oil. Once smoking, add the burgers and don’t turn until nicely browned. Unless you’ve ground the beef yourself, you should cook the meat through fully. Place in a hot oven for 10mins to do this.
- Build your burger and serve with your choice of salads/tortilla chips/fries. You can also try serving it with our Serranos Chillies .