This is a great little dish to rustle up for some serious snacking, whether you’re in front of a film or enjoying board games.
There’s no reason why you can’t play with the toppings either. All you need to complete the picture are some tortilla chips or raw vegetables for dipping.
Fry chopped onion and garlic
Add Gran Luchito Chipotle Chilli Paste
Blend the refried beans in a food processor
Serve the Frijoles with sour cream and tortillas
How to make it
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a frying pan over a low heat. Add the onion and cook for 10 minutes, or until softened. You’re not trying to brown it, just sweat it down.
- Add the garlic and chipotle chilli paste and cook for another few minutes.
- Empty the beans and a little of their liquid into the pan. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add everything to a food processor and blend until smooth. Empty into a bowl.
- Fry the chorizo in a hot frying pan until crispy. (You won’t need any oil for this as it’ll release plenty of its own fat). Once crispy, chop into smaller chunks.
- Drizzle over the sour cream, sprinkle over the chorizo and coriander. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetable sticks.
Calling all Mexican lovers!
Share your stories with #granluchito
sign up for free cookbook
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.