Uses Chipotle Paste
Chorizo & Eggs
Chorizo & Eggs is a classic Mexican breakfast dish. What could be better than the bold flavour of chorizo paired with the smoky flavour of Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste and eggs in a rich tomato sauce? This dish is perfect for a weekend brunch but also hearty enough for a weekday lunch or dinner if you have some chorizo on hand you would like to use up.
We recommend serving this chorizo & eggs dish with some of our Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips for scooping up all the saucy, eggy goodness or wrapped into warmed Street Tacos. Our recipe for hash browns would also make for a great accompaniment.
We would love to hear what you think of this recipe, be sure to leave a review after you’ve tried it! Scroll to the bottom of the recipe to find the comments section.
1 hour, 10 mins
How to make it
- Place a frying pan (preferably one which can go in the oven) over a medium/high heat. Add the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste and chopped onion and cook for 15 minutes, until the onion is softened. Add the garlic for a further couple of minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, salt & pepper. Mix well. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and leave to cook for 15 minutes.
- Transfer half of the tomato sauce to a blender/food processor and blitz to a smooth sauce. Pour back into the other half, leaving you with a sauce with a nice thick consistency and a bit of texture. Continue to heat over a medium heat.
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium/high heat and add the chorizo. Cook for 10 minutes or until crispy. Add chorizo to the sauce.
- If your pan isn’t ovenproof, transfer the sauce to a dish. Create 4 egg-sized indentations with a spoon in the sauce. Carefully crack the eggs into each hole.
- Transfer the pan/dish to the grill a cook for 5/10 minutes, or until the eggs have cooked on top.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the cheese, spring onion, slices of avocado, dollops of Gran Luchito Chipotle Salsa and enjoy with Gran Luchito Tortilla Chips.