Uses Chipotle Paste
Chipotle Prawn Tacos
Get your hands on some lovely big, chipotle prawns for this fresh recipe perfect for barbecue season. Not only did we use our Chipotle Paste to marinade the prawns, but we also stirred some through crème Fraiche for a tasty little sauce to dollop on top.
This dish was developed as part of our exciting collaboration with the lovely people at Big Green Egg.
How to make it
- Light Big Green Egg and get it to 200C (top vent closed, with daisy wheel fully open. Bottom vent open about 3 fingers’ width). Set up to cook directly with the cast iron grill on top.
- In a shallow, wide bowl, add 1tbsp olive oil and a good pinch of salt & pepper.
- Roll de-husked corn on cob in oil and place on Big Green Egg. Lower lid and check back in 3-4 minutes or so, turning when the bottom is nicely browned and slightly charred. Take care to burp the Egg when opening lid at these temperatures.
- Meanwhile, shell shrimp and remove back vein with a sharp knife (you can make a lovely stock with the shells if you like!) In the same bowl as you used to oil the corn, add 1tsp of Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste. Stir with the remaining oil and then add the prawns. Leave for a few minutes while the corn finishes.
- Remove corn and add the prawns to the barbecue. These won’t take long, so don’t leave them unattended. Lower lid and give them about 2 minutes before turning them. Ideally, you’ll get a nice char on the very edges of the prawns, whilst the rest is nicely browned and the inside remains tender and juicy.
- Remove and snuff out your egg if not using for more dishes. You’ll use it again to warm the street tacos but this doesn’t require it to be lit.
- Chop the prawns into bitesize pieces and cut corn away. Place both in a mixing bowl along with the roughly diced avocado, a handful of roughly chopped coriander, juice of half a lime, shredded cabbage, a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix well but gently (you don’t want to mush the avocado too much).
- Warm the street tacos on the cooling egg.
- Stir remaining Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste into the crème fraiche.
- If using 8, double layer the street tacos and fill each generously with the mixture and dollop the spicy crème fraiche on top. Serve with wedges of remaining lime and some more roughly chopped coriander.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Zingy & Tangy Tomatillo Salsa , Chipotle Paste , Chipotle Honey , Tinga Taco Cooking Sauce , Mild Fajita Cooking Sauce , Enchilada Cooking Sauce , Garlic & Guajillo Fajita & Taco Mix , Habanero & Lime Fajita & Taco Mix , Smoky Chipotle Fajita & Taco Mix , Super Smoky Chipotle Salsa , Hot Habanero Mango Salsa , Fire Roasted Red Pepper Salsa , Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips , Chipotle Ketchup , Chipotle Mayo , Chipotle Black Bean Salsa , Rancheros Cooking Sauce , Soft Wheat Street Tacos , Chipotle Refried Beans , Sliced Cactus , Jalapeño & Pineapple , Fire Roasted Serranos , Chips & Salsa , Sauces , Tacos , Wraps , Sides & Toppings , Cantina Beans , Hard Shell Tacos