Uses Chipotle Mayo
Sticky Chicken Skewers
These sticky chicken skewers are so easy to make. Simply mix our chipotle honey with sesame oil, soy sauce and ginger and you’ve got your marinade ready to go. We got our diced chicken thigh from the lovely people at Market Porter (an online butcher and deli), so all we had to do was marinade it and cook it. We love thigh meat as it has so much more flavour than breast, and it’s far more difficult to overcook!
If you like these skewers you should also check out our sticky pork belly recipe.
How to make it
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Thread the chicken, pepper, spring onion and garlic onto the skewers, alternating the ingredients.
- Place in a wide shallow bowl and pour over the marinade, mix around so everything is covered and leave for 10 minutes.
- Place on a hot barbecue or grill. Leave to char a little before turning over (the honey will burn quite easily so be careful). Continue cooking, brushing with the marinade as you go, and turning until chicken is cooked through (about 8–10 minutes should be fine), then remove from the heat and allow to cool a little and rest.
- Cut into a thick piece of chicken to check it’s cooked, then sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve with wedges of lime.
Soak wooden skewers in water for an hour before using them to prevent them burning on the barbecue.