When it comes to Nachos it’s always handy to have a quick recipe for a movie night in, one that doesn’t involve hours of preparation and that you can put together in no time. Our Chicken Nachos is just that recipe! It is perfect for two people but can easily be increased depending on how many are watching that film together.
Chicken thighs are so delicious and quicker to cook than chicken breast which is why they are perfect for this recipe. The thighs are coated in a delicious quick marinade made with Chipotle Paste, lemon juice, parsley and olive oil. All you need to do is pan-fry your chicken. Once ready shred your meat with the help of two forks.
Another handy tip for when you make nachos is to add bit of water to our Refried Beans when you warm them up in a pan, in that way they will take a sauce-like consistency much easier to add on top of your nachos.
Our final tip is to make a fresh salsa using our Fire Roasted Serranos, kind of like a pico de gallo when instead of using fresh chillies you add our pickled serrano chillies that we all know work so well with Nachos.
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 180 C
- In a bowl add the Chipotle Paste, lemon juice, parsley and olive oil, mix everything with a spoon and place your chicken thighs into the mixture, make sure they are well coated and season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Fry your chicken thighs with juices into a very hot frying pan , sear on both sides and then cover with a lid and let the chicken cook through. Once ready remove the pan from the hob and shred your meat with the help of two forks, set aside
- Add the Refried Beans into a small saucepan and the water, simmer on a medium heat until your beans are lovely and warm
- In a medium size bowl add all the ingredients for your fresh salsa with Fire Roasted Serranos, season with salt and pepper and integrate everything with a spoon, reserve.
- Prepare a baking dish with a layer of Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips, then add half of the shredded chicken on top, ½ of the warm refried beans, cheese and creme fraiche, also add ⅓ of your fresh salsa.
- Add a second layer of Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips with the remaining chicken, refried beans, cheese and creme fraiche and another ⅓ of your salsa.
- Place your baking dish in the oven for 10 minutes or so, until your cheese is melted on the top.
- Serve your Chicken Nachos with more creme fraiche on top and the remaining fresh salsa, garnish with fresh radish and roughly chopped parsley, enjoy!