Easy Butter Chicken Curry
This easy butter chicken curry is a wonderful way to use up leftover roast chicken for a rich and beautifully tasty midweek meal that’ll have everyone asking for more.
If you’re a fan of rich dishes like this Indian butter chicken, check out our slow & low page for more great ideas and inspiration. Our smoked chipotle chilli paste would work just as well in other curries such as chicken tika masala.
Prepare leftover roast chicken
Fry onion in oil until softenedAdd garlicAdd Gran Luchito Smoked chipotle Paste, garam masala and cinnamon
Combine and cook until softenedAdd tinned tomatoes and tomato pasteStir and cook for a whileAdd creamAdd butterCook riceAdd chicken to sauceStir well and heat until chicken is hot throughServe with fresh coriander
Easy Butter Chicken Curry Recipe
- 2¼lb Leftover chicken (a mix of breast & dark meat is best)
- 2 Onions
- 3 Cloves garlic
- 2tbsp Vegetable oil
- ½ stick of Butter
- 2tbsp Lemon juice
- 3tsp Garam masala
- ¼tsp Cinnamon powder
- ½tsp Black pepper
- 2tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- 14oz Canned tomatoes
- 1tbsp Tomato paste
- ¾ Cup Double cream
- Handful fresh cilantro
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pan over a low/medium heat.
- Add chopped onion, stir and fry for about 15 minutes until completely softened (but not browned).
- Reduce heat slightly and add the roughly chopped garlic and fry for about 3 minutes, stirring regularly to avoid burning.
- Add the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, lemon juice, garam masala, cinnamon and pepper and a sprinkle of salt. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tin of tomatoes along with the tomato paste and about 25ml water. Stir and cook for 15 minutes over a medium heat.
- Meanwhile, get some rice on the go (follow instructions on pack). We like to jazz ours up with some spices like star anise or a cinnamon stick.
- Reduce heat then add the cream and stir in. Then add the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the leftover chicken (chopped or ripped into bitesized chunks).
- Stir well and adjust seasoning if needed. Continue to heat over a low/medium heat for about 5-10 minutes, or until the chicken is hot throughout (you don't really want to cook it too much as it will dry out quickly).
- Stir through some roughly chopped cilantro into the curry and the rice.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon
Have you made this Easy Butter Chicken recipe? If so please do let us know how you got on!