Smoky Chilli Dogs
Chilli dogs are a classic American dish that we knew would work really well given the Gran Luchito treatment. We used our Mexican Chilli Paste to make a rich smoky chilli con carne and spooned the chilli beef onto meaty toulouse sausages in a bun topped with grated mature cheddar.
One for the meat-lovers for sure!
Smoky Chilli Dogs Recipe
- 500g Minced beef
- 2 Onions
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Stick celery
- 2 Red peppers
- 1 Carrot
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 400g Kidney beans (tinned)
- 1 x 400g Chopped tomatoes (tinned)
- 2tbsp Olive oil
- Handful fresh coriander
- 6 x Good quality hotdog buns
- 6 x Good quality sausages
- 250g Mature cheddar cheese (grated)
- *You can use less beef mince and more kidney beans if you like.
- First, get your chilli con carne cooking. Finely chop all the fresh veg (onion, garlic, celery, carrot, peppers) and gently fry in olive oil for 8-10 mins or until nice and soft in a large pan (preferably with a lid).
- Throw in the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, cumin, coriander powder and cinnamon.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and kidney beans.
- Fry the minced beef in another frying pan to brown in a little oil (this will add flavour to the meat). Drain off any water. Then add to the other ingredients and stir.
- Add salt & pepper.
- Put a lid on it, leaving a small gap and cook on a low heat for about an hour (longer if you have time).
- Taste and add more seasoning if necessary. Sprinkle with fresh coriander once ready.
- Meanwhile, griddle/BBQ your sausages until nicely coloured on the outside. Finish them in a pre-heated oven if necessary.
- Cut the buns down the centre and place a sausage in each. Top with a generous spoon of the chilli con carne and top with grated cheese.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon
Check Out Our Article On “Nine Wicked Ways To Eat Chilli Con Carne” For More Ideas
Have you tired this smoky chilli dogs recipe? If so please let us know how you got on.