Mexican Style Welsh Rarebit
The Welsh Rarebit is possibly the ultimate midnight snack, we thought we give it a Mexican makeover with some of our Smoked Chilli Mayo. This combination of flavours really is unbelievably tasty. It works amazingly well on toast, but you could also use it as a baked potato topping.
Mexican Style Welsh Rarebit Recipe
- 1 Small onion (finely diced)
- 3 Rashers bacon
- 2oz Gruyere (grated)
- 1tbsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo
- 2tbsp Sour cream
- Salt & pepper
- 1tsp Sugar
- Olive oil
- Handful chives (finely chopped)
- Pre-heat your grill.
- Gently fry the onions in a little olive oil for 15 minutes. Add the sugar and continue frying for another 40mins. Take care not to let burn.
- Once caramelized, mix the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo, sour cream, chives, bacon, cheese, cooked onion and salt & pepper together in a bowl.
- Get two thick slices of crusty bread. Brush lightly with olive oil on both sides and place under the grill until golden and crispy. Flip and repeat.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the toast and return to the grill until golden and bubbling.
- Finely slice some of the chives and sprinkle over the top to give a nice fresh bite.