Uses Chipotle Paste
Jackfruit, if you aren’t already familiar with, is a great vegan meat substitute and works perfectly shredded in our Vegan Burrito recipe. We also pack our wraps full of Refried Beans, Mexican Rice and delicious Jalapeño and Pineapple taco topping.
Some More Burrito Recipes Collection
How to make it
- To prepare the rice, heat the olive oil in a large pan over a low/medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sweat gently until tender.
- Add the Smoky Chipotle Fajita and Taco Mix and tomato purée and stir well to combine.
- Add the passata and stock and stir well.
- Add the rice, stir and bring to a boil. Reduce to a gentle simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes until almost all the liquid has been absorbed. If the rice starts to dry out, add more liquid as required.
- Add the sweet corn and red pepper, stir well and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes until hot through, the rice is cooked and all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Whilst the rice is cooking, add the jackfruit to a small pan with the stock. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5-6 minutes until tender and hot through.
- Set the jackfruit aside and shred with two forks.
- Add the jackfruit to a bowl alongside the lime zest and the Jalapeño and Pineapple. Toss to combine.
- Heat the Refried Beans and warm the Burrito Wraps as per the packet instructions.
- Divide the rice, beans and jackfruit evenly between the warm wraps.
- Top with avocado slices, coriander and coconut yoghurt and fold the tortillas tightly around the filling to serve.
- You can wrap the ends of the burrito in foil or baking paper if preferred.