This new delicious Korean Beef Tacos recipe makes a wonderful addition to our Mexican Fusion Recipes blog, as well as our many different Taco Recipes!
Korean-Mexican fusion cuisine, originally from Los Angeles, combines traditional elements of American-style Mexican food and Korean food. This style of food was made popular by LA chef Roy Choi who is a South Korean himself. He grew up in Southern California, and his Kogi BBQ Taco Truck is now a fixture in the city’s culinary ecosystem! He is famous for celebrating “food that isn’t fancy” and is known as one of the founders of the gourmet food truck movement.
For this Korean taco recipe, we have marinated strips of flat-iron steak in a wonderful concoction of Korean flavours to give it masses of flavour, and then finished the dish off with classic Mexican toppings. Ginger, fish sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil work their wonders with the beef, giving it that all important Korean spin, and then our very own Smoked Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste takes it to the next level and adds that Mexican kick.
Even with the Mexican toppings, such as our Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo, our Gran Luchito Jalapeño & Pineapple, a dollop of sour cream and then all wrapped up in our Gran Luchito Soft Taco Wraps, you can still taste that these tacos are different from normal classic Mexican varieties. The Korean spin is superb!
If you try these Korean Beef Tacos, we would love to hear what you think. Comments are open at the bottom of the recipe for you to leave a review.
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 176 fat 8g saturates 2g carbs 11.2g sugars 4.5g fibre 0.8g protein 14.6g salt 0.64g
How to make it
- A couple of hours before you want to eat this dish, prepare your marinade. In a bowl, whisk together the liquid ingredients and finely chop or crush the garlic & ginger and add that too.
- Slice the beef very thinly, against the grain of the muscle, and add to the marinade. Mix well and leave in the fridge. Remove well before you want to cook it.
- When ready to cook, remove the beef from the marinade and pat dry using a paper towel. This will allow you to get some sear on the meat rather than just boiling it.
- Heat a large pan over a medium / high heat and add a little vegetable oil. When nice and hot, add the beef (you might need to do it in 2 portions to prevent crowding & cooling the pan).
- Leave for 30 seconds or so to get some good colour before stirring and leaving for another 30 seconds. Remove and leave to rest.
- Add the marinade to the hot pan and reduce for a few minutes before reuniting the beef and the cooked marinade.
- Thinly shred the cabbage and place in a bowl with 1 teaspoon salt. Mix well and leave while you prepare the rest (this will give the cabbage a great texture by removing some of the water and season it at the same time).
- Mix the Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo, sour cream, Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste and 1 teaspoon lime juice.
- Warm the Gran Luchito Soft Taco Wraps in the microwave or oven. Top each tortilla with a spoonful of the beef, some shredded cabbage, a drizzle of the spicy mayo and some fresh coriander leaves. Serve with lime wedges and Gran Luchito Jalapeño & Pineapple.
Download Our Free Guide To Tacos
Your free Taco guide will be emailed to you immediately. Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.