Smoky Mexican Steak
Steak has always been a bit of a favourite at home. Coming back from a long days work and stopping off at the local butcher to pick up a sirloin is a real treat.
During the summer I tend to cook steaks outside on a BBQ, I find this gives them the best flavour. But this simple recipe will work just as well on a kitchen grill.
Our Chipotle Paste is a great little condiment to be put on the side of a cooked steak. Its sweetness and smokiness really compliments the flavour of the meat.
However if you have time I highly recommend you try this Mexican steak recipe. You need to plan at least an hour ahead to let the meat take in all the flavour.
In the pictures below we served the steak with our homemade oven chips, however if you don’t want too many white carbs, you could make the meal even more Mexican by making carne asada. Serve the grilled steak on a corn tortilla along with sliced avocado, coriander and diced onion. Yum!
1 hour 5 mins
1 hour 12 mins
How to make it
- Rub the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste into the steak.
- Leave for about an hour to take on all that lovely flavour.
- Heat a griddle pan (or BBQ) until it’s smoking hot.
- Carefully lay the steak onto the heat and cook for a minute or so before flipping over (here’s a handy guide for steak cooking times).
- Serve with these awesome crispy homemade oven chips.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Paste