Slow Cooker Lamb
For melt-in-your-mouth tender lamb full of sensationally smoky flavour, try this super easy recipe for Slow Cooker Chipotle Lamb.
A leg of lamb has a great payoff as it requires minimal effort aside from the slow and low cooking time. With this slow cooker lamb recipe the meat will be so tender you won’t even need a carving knife
Our slow cooker lamb recipe is a guaranteed crowd pleaser so let our smoky Chipotle Paste bring lots of flavour, and then your slow cooker will do all the work and you can take all the credit!
Try serving this slow cooked chipotle lamb on Gran Luchito Soft Taco Wraps or try it with our crunchy Hard Shell Tacos with a dollop of our Hot Habanero Mango Salsa on top. The lamb shoulder would also be great as a topping for our Easy Chicken Nachos.
8 hours, 10 mins
How to make it
- Take the lamb out of the fridge 30 minutes before you cook it, to allow it to come to room temperature. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add oil to a large frying pan or removable insert from a slow cooker and brown the lamb on all sides.
- Place onions in the bottom of the slow cooker, and place the lamb on top. Add the ground coriander and cumin, then the stock, 1 tbsp of Chipotle Paste, garlic cloves, apple cider vinegar and cook on high for 6 hours.
- Turn every 2 hours, until the meat is falling apart and you are able to remove the bone clean.
- Serve with warm Gran Luchito Soft Taco Wraps and Hot Habanero Mango Salsa. Garnish your tacos with a bit of raw diced onion and fresh coriander, then add a squeeze of lime juice and enjoy!
Check out our recipe for Pulled Lamb Flatbreads for another idea on how to serve the lamb.