This recipe is somewhere between an easy green bean casserole and a green bean bake. It’s a warming vegetarian idea where lovely fresh green beans are baked in a spiced up cheesy sauce topped with crispy breadcrumbs. Delicious as a side or serve a larger portion for a main meal.
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 163 fat 9.8g saturates 4.6g carbs 12.2g sugars 3g fibre 1.6g protein 8.1g salt 0.77g
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / 375°F / Gas 5.
- Add the green beans to a pan of boiling salted water and simmer for a couple of minutes, then drain (they need to retain their bite as they’re going in the oven).
- Mix the breadcrumbs with a little olive oil and the spring onions. Leave aside.
- In a saucepan, whisk the cornflour with the milk and Gran Luchito chipotle paste. Bring to a simmer over low heat until it starts to thicken, stirring continuously.
- Add the Cheddar and Parmesan and stir until the sauce is nice and thick and all the cheese has melted.
- Combine the beans with the cheese sauce and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Top with the breadcrumb mixture and spread evenly.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until the top is golden and crispy.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.