Uses Chipotle Paste
Quick Queso Fundido with Roasted Chipotle Cauliflower
Getting together to share a meal with family and friends is very important in Mexican culture, maybe done once a week and is a great opportunity to catch up and spend time together. The food that is served takes a very important place in these gatherings, normally everybody brings a dish and food is shared in the middle of the table. These meals always start with a nice “botana” or “snack” , something small to enjoy before the main meal. This is always a good introduction to what’s to come and an opportunity to share some tequilas while catching up! Our Quick Queso Fundido with Roasted Cauliflower is the perfect botana to share at such a meal!
Queso fundido, if you aren’t already familiar, is a very popular snack in Mexico. What’s not to love about cheesy deliciousness melted in a skillet under the grill?! Often you will find queso recipes with chorizo as in our Chipotle Queso Fundido recipe.
In this recipe we use roasted cauliflower flavoured with Gran Luchito Chipotle Honey glaze and a bit of Smoky Chipotle Fajita and Taco Mix. This gives heavenly roasted flavour edges to the cauliflower and when served with the melted gruyere is just a match made in Mexican heaven. Served with warm tortillas, guacamole and a bit of fresh salsa.
Our Slow-Cooked Chicken Enchiladas make for the perfect main to share with family and/or friends. We hope that you enjoy this version on your next get together or a Friday night treat for you and your family.
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 200 C, 392 F.
- Begin by making the chipotle coating for the cauliflower. In a medium size bowl add the Chipotle Honey, Smoky Chipotle Fajita and Taco Mix, olive oil, tamari sauce, lemon juice and garlic cloves, season with a pinch of salt and black pepper, combine the mixture with a spoon and reserve.
- Cut your cauliflower florets in bite size pieces and place them in the bowl with the chipotle honey mixture, coat your florets well and evenly, season with a pinch of salt.
- Place your cauliflower over a baking tray and roast for 25-30 minutes approximately. Until they get those delicious roasted edges!
- While your cauliflower is cooking, place your cheese over a cast iron skillet or a small baking dish. Place it in the oven about 10 minutes before your cauliflower will be ready, so then both can be nice and warm to serve at the same time.
- Remove the cauliflower and bubbling cheese skillet from the oven, place your chipotle cauliflower florets on top of the cheese.
- Serve hot with Gran Luchito Tortilla Chips on the side or warm Soft Wheat Street Tacos ready to scoop up that cheesy deliciousness and why not try one of our salsas on top Chipotle or Tomatillo, take your pick.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Honey