Baked Mexican Elotes
This Mexican Elotes recipe is perfect to bring out for a summer barbecue.
Whenever we’ve made them it’s been the highlight dish and everyone has come back for seconds.
It works best if you can get a nice char on the corn before covering it in the chipotle mayo sauce and baking it to melt that delicious feta cheese.
This works really well on a barbecue with a lid.
How to make it
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium–high heat. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, Gas 6).
- Rub each piece of corn with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Once your griddle pan is hot, place the corn on the cooking surface. Take a look every 5 minutes or so and turn when golden and starting to char a little. Keep turning it until it is deliciously golden all over and slightly charred in places. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, mix the sour cream, chipotle mayo, feta, lime zest, lime juice, a handful of coriander, salt and pepper. Mix well, taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Put the corn into an ovenproof dish and pour over the sauce. Use a spoon to mix them all around and get them completely covered before baking in the oven for about 15 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Sprinkle with the remaining coriander and serve with wedges of lime.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Paste