There’s clearly lots that could go into a breakfast bap, and you should definitely improvise if we’ve missed something you can’t go without.
But overdoing it just makes eating it difficult and messy, so we’ve kept this relatively simple. Egg, bacon, mushrooms, some wilted spinach and a little Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo. Perfection!
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 132 fat 9.5g saturates 2.8g carbs 5.4g sugars 0g fibre 0.7g protein 6.5g salt 0.83g
How to make it
- Heat a griddle pan until nice and hot. Add the bacon and cook for a few minutes until it is just how you like it. Cut each piece in half.
- Mix the mushroom with a little olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Place the mushroom in the hot griddle pan and cook for 5–8 minutes until you’ve got some nice char marks on the outside and it is starting to soften.
- Melt a knob of butter with a little oil in a frying pan. Add the spinach leaves and cook for a minute or so until wilted nicely.
- Poach the eggs.
- Warm in the oven or toaster (or you could toast them if you like).
- Meanwhile, spread a little smoked Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo onto the bottom of each bread roll. Add the spinach, followed by the bacon and mushrooms, then top with a poached egg and a crack of pepper.
Download Our Free Guide To Mexican BreakfastYour free guide will be emailed to you immediately.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.