If you’re a big Fajita fan but looking for something slightly different to do for a change, then this Fajita Quesadilla recipe is for you!
First of all you will need your favourite steak, and our smoky Chipotle Paste. Marinate the steak in some of the paste for 15 mins or so (ideally a couple of hours) before cooking, and that’s all you’ll need to give it wonderful flavour.
Secondly, is the mozzarella, peppers, onions, coriander and lime. Everything that’s added to make them Fajita Quesadillas! It’s such a delicious concoction, and dare we say it, even more delicious than steak fajitas because they are toasted, and have melted hot cheese running through them..
For more recipes like this one please check out our other quesadilla recipes.
How to make it
- At least 2 hours before you cook (preferably overnight), marinate the steak in the Gran Luchito Smoked Chipotle Paste, olive oil and a good pinch of salt & pepper. (Make sure they’re at room temperature before cooking).
- When ready to cook, heat a frying pan or griddle over a high heat. When hot, add the beef to the pan and cook for around 2-3 minutes on each side, depending on how you like it cooked.
- Remove from the pan and leave aside to rest before slicing.
- In the same pan, add the sliced peppers and spring onions and cook until nicely browned, but still crunchy. Slice the meat and combine with the peppers/onion.
- In a clean, non-stick frying pan, lay a Gran Luchito Burrito Wrap topped with a small handful of cheese.
- Top with a little of the beef mixture and top with a little more of the cheese.
- Top this with another burrito wrap and heat on low/medium.
- Keep an eye on the bottom tortilla and make sure it doesn’t burn. When it is brown and crispy, carefully turn using a large spatula. Cook the other side until brown. Carefully open up the quesadilla and check the cheese is all melted.
- Remove from the pan, slice in half and enjoy with Gran Luchito Jalapeño & Pineapple.