Beef Enchiladas are a great new way to mix things up and use that packet of mince from your weekly shop.
If you don’t know the difference between your fajitas and enchiladas, enchiladas are tortillas filled with a yummy meat (or veg) filling, rolled and then topped with an enchilada sauce. Loads of cheese is then added before they are baked until melty and golden. Rich and indulgent, enchiladas are the ultimate Mexican comfort food!
This beef enchiladas recipe is a practical one, and one that comes in handy after a busy day. All you have to do is fry the minced beef with onions, and pour in our Gran Luchito Chipotle Enchilada Sauce and Gran Luchito Cantina Beans to make a quick filling and topping for your enchiladas. Our red enchilada sauce is made with fresh ingredients including fire-roasted tomato, chipotle chillies and garlic and is great as it saves you time having to make your own sauce from scratch!
We recommend serving our Beef Enchiladas with a crisp green salad. If you have a non-meat eater in your group then we recommend trying our Vegetarian Enchiladas. Our Chicken Enchiladas are another deliciously ooey, gooey enchilada recipe.
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 142 fat 7.3g saturates 3g carbs 11.7g sugars 1.8g fibre 0.5g protein 8.9g salt 1.9g
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, add a little olive oil and the onion, and fry for a minute. Then add the beef mince with the cumin, a pinch of salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Cook until the beef is nicely browned.
- Pour in the Gran Luchito Chipotle Enchilada Sauce, the Cantina Beans and stock. Cover with a lid and let it simmer for 5 to 6 minutes over low heat .
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F. Then grease a medium-size baking dish.
- Lay out 1 packet of Gran Luchito Soft Taco Wraps and add a spoonful of the beef mix to each one (use about ¾ of the mixture inside the tortillas and save the rest for the topping). Add a small handful of grated mozzarella to each too (again, save some for the topping).
- Roll up the tortillas and place in the baking dish. Repeat until all tortillas are filled and the baking dish is full. Top with the remaining beef mixture, cheese and spring onions. Bake in the oven uncovered for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and the sauce is bubbling.
- Serve with a green salad on the side and enjoy!
What To Serve With Beef Enchiladas
Try serving these beef enchiladas with a side of:
Check out all our Mexican Side Dish Recipes
More About Enchiladas
Our How To Make Enchiladas blog will help you to master everything you need to know about making homemade enchiladas. Our Enchilada Recipes is our collection of tried and tested enchilada recipes with more flavours, protein and veggie options. For a full list of the best side dishes, check out What To Serve With Enchiladas.
Sign Up To Receive Your Free Enchilada GuideYour free Enchilada guide will be emailed to you immediately.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
How to roll enchiladas?
Roll the enchilada from end to end. Pull one end of the tortilla over the filling, and tuck in its contents. Roll the enchilada over onto itself until you reach the other end of the tortilla. Repeat the process for each enchilada. Place your enchiladas into a casserole dish in with the seam on the bottom.
How to prevent soggy enchiladas?
If you lightly fry your tortillas in a bit of oil first before using them, this is a good trick. This simple step allows the tortillas to crisp up a bit and creates a barrier so the tortillas will not soak up too much enchilada sauce.
Can you freeze enchilada sauce?
Yes! Simply put the remains of any unused sauce in an airtight container, and you can freeze it for up to 3 months. When ready to use, let the sauce thaw completely in the refrigerator before using it.
What to do with leftover enchiladas?
You can keep them in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. Alternatively, freeze them! If stored and frozen right, enchiladas can last in the freezer for up to 3 months, and still taste delicious when thawed and baked again to be eaten.
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.