Uses Chipotle Paste
Chicken and Chorizo Risotto
We‘d been meaning to try a chicken and chorizo risotto recipe with our Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste for a while and we finally got around to it. It was certainly worth the wait. We wanted some big meaty flavours to stand up to the spice, and being big fans of paella, we went with chorizo and chicken thigh as a tried and tested combo. This risotto chicken chorizo recipe would also work really well with leftover roast chicken (we’ve included instructions for this below).
1 hour 10 mins
How to make it
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pan over a low–medium heat. Add the celery and onion and sweat for 15 minutes.
- Add the chipotle chilli paste and a good pinch of salt and pepper, then stir. Add the chicken, chorizo and garlic and fry for about 15 minutes.
- Add the risotto rice and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the wine and keep frying for a few minutes.
- Add a few ladlefuls of the stock and keep stirring.
- As the rice absorbs the liquid, add more of the stock (by the ladle) and stir. Stir regularly and gradually add the remaining stock as it is absorbed. If you’ve run out of stock before it’s cooked, just add hot water instead.
- Test the rice and remove from the heat once it’s softened but still retains a little bite. You’re looking for a consistency that’s not too wet. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Stir in a good handful of grated Parmesan and the peas.
- To serve, add a handful of chopped parsley, another sprinkle of Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with lemon wedges.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Mayo