Chicken and Chorizo Risotto Recipe
We‘d been meaning to try a chicken and chorizo risotto recipe with our Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste for a while and we finally got around to it. It was certainly worth the wait. We wanted some big meaty flavours to stand up to the spice, and being big fans of paella, we went with chorizo and chicken thigh as a tried and tested combo. This chicken & chorizo risotto recipe would also work really well with leftover roast chicken.
1 hour 10 mins
How to make it
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pan over a low–medium heat. Add the celery and onion and sweat for 15 minutes.
- Add the Chipotle Paste and a good pinch of salt and pepper, then stir. Add the and a good pinch of salt and pepper, then stir. Add the chicken, chorizo and garlic and fry for about 15 minutes.
- Add the risotto rice and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Pour in the wine , stir until it’s absorbed by the rice.
- Add the stock a little at a time, make sure to stir continuously
- As the rice absorbs the liquid, add more stock, keep stirring and gradually add the remaining stock until it’s all absorbed.
- Test the rice and remove from the heat once it’s al dente. You’re looking for a consistency that’s not too wet.
- Add a handful of grated Parmesan and the frozen peas. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- To serve garnish with finely chopped parsley, another sprinkle of Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.