Uses Chipotle Paste
Prawn and Chorizo Risotto
Our Chicken and Chorizo Risotto is one of our most popular recipes so we decided to have a play and reinvent it this time with prawns. We are definitely onto a winner with our Prawn and Chorizo Risotto. With the classic combination of prawns and chorizo, these flavours pair so well with our smoky Chipotle Paste and make for an irresistible dish.
We would love to hear what you think of this recipe, be sure to leave a review after you’ve tried it. Even better, upload a pic of your finished dish with your review! Scroll to the bottom of the recipe to find the comments section.
1 hour, 10 mins
How to make it
- If using frozen prawns, make sure they’re defrosted. Add the prawns to a bowl with the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste and stir well. Leave to marinate until later.
- Peel and finely chop the onion, garlic & celery. Add to a large frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil, a knob of butter and a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Stir regularly, cooking over a low/medium heat until the celery is no longer crunchy (about 15 minutes).
- Turn up the heat to medium and add the rice and stir well to coat in the oil.
- When the rice turns slightly clear, add the wine. Keep stirring and let the alcohol evaporate and the liquid absorb into the rice.
- Reduce the heat again and add about 100ml stock, stir and leave until the liquid is gone. Repeat this until rice is nicely cooked through and it has a beautiful creamy texture (use boiling water if you run out of stock).
- Once it has cooked, turn off the heat.
- Heat another frying pan over a medium/high heat. Once hot, add a little olive oil.
- Add the chunks of chorizo and stir until nicely browned. Add the prawns and cook for another few minutes until they turn pink (take care not to overcook them).
- Add the chorizo and prawns to the rice and stir through, saving several of each to go on top if you’re a stickler for presentation.
- Finish by sprinkling over a handful of roughly chopped spring onions and flat leaf parsley.
- Serve with wedges of lime.