There are so many variations and recipes for quesadillas, but somehow we always go back to the most simple and humble one, just Soft Taco Wraps and a bit of cheese is all you need sometimes.
Even though there is only two ingredients in this Cheese Quesadilla recipe, we have a few tips to share on how to achieve the best cheese quesadillas:
- Use a mix of cheeses which will not only provide more flavour to your quesadillas, but also different melty textures that will make them even more delicious. A few we can recommend are: Oaxaca cheese, gouda, gruyere, grated mozzarella, cheddar or Monterey Jack. The trick is to use a good melting cheese.
- Warm up your cheese quesadillas over a hot pan (non-stick preferably). There is no need to oil the pan, but you can do if you prefer them lightly pan-fried. For the classic cheese quesadilla, just let it get golden brown and toasted on both sides.
- Any cheese oozing out is always a good thing. You’ll get incredibly tasty and crispy cheesy edges!
- Last but not least don’t forget to serve these cheese quesadillas with our recipe for Pico de Gallo or Homemade Guacamole. It’s also especially nice when served with our Sliced Cactus and any of our Salsas.
How to make it
- Mix the different cheeses in a bowl.
- Add a good amount of cheese over the Soft Taco Wraps and fold in half.
- Heat up a non-stick pan and place two quesadillas in at a time. Press with the help of a spatula and flip over once that side is golden brown.
- Let the other side get toasted and the cheese melt. Once ready, remove from the pan and serve warm with Sliced Cactus or Chipotle Salsa.
What To Serve With Cheese Quesadillas
You can serve them with just about anything! However, why not go for some:
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Can you make a quesadilla with parmesan cheese?
We don't see why not! If you have parmesan to hand and want to make cheese quesadillas, then go ahead! It would be best to freshly grate the parmesan, the spread it evenly onto one side of each tortilla.
How many calories in a small cheese quesadilla?
Around 330 calories.
What other ingredients could you add to this quesadilla?
You could add just about anything you like, as it can be used as a base for any type of quesadilla. However, we think they are delicious just as they are!