The best thing about making a pulled pork burrito bowl means you get everything you love about burritos, but you’re not constrained by the size of your wrap (although we like having a handful of Gran Luchito Soft Taco Wraps on hand for wrapping it all up)! Packed full of veggies, this pulled pork burrito bowl is also slightly healthier than the usual burrito.
Check out our Burrito Recipes Collection.
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 95 fat 6g saturates 1.8g carbs 6.3g sugars 2.3g fibre 1.7g protein 4.3g salt 0.3g
How to make it
- Begin by preparing the rice. Place the dry rice in a saucepan with the water (1 cup will do for 2 people). Season with a little salt, place a lid on it, and bring to the boil. When boiling, reduce the heat as low as possible, then continue cooking until the water is absorbed and your rice is cooked through.
- Next on to the vegetables. Heat a griddle pan on a high temperature with a little olive oil. Add the peppers, red onion and sweetcorn, then fry for 5 to 6 minutes and simply season with salt & pepper. Once ready, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Prepare the guacamole. Add the avocado flesh into a bowl, and mash it with a fork. Add the lime juice, coriander, red onion and simply season with salt and pepper.
- Heat your pulled pork in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes ( at 180˚C/360˚F) covered with foil to stop it from drying out.
- Warm up the Cantina Beans in a saucepan, and the (if using) over a hot non-stick pan.
- Assemble your burrito bowl by firstly adding a bit of rice into your bowl, then a handful of salad leaves, a few spoonfuls of pulled pork, the fried vegetables, followed by warm Cantina Beans, a dollop of guacamole, drizzle of sour cream, and a sprinkle of coriander and lime. Serve with warm Soft Tacos on the side.
What To Serve With Pulled Pork Burrito Bowl
Serve your pulled pork burrito bowl with a side of:
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.