Breakfast Bap With Mushroom and Bacon
There’s clearly lots that could go into a breakfast bap, and you should definitely improvise if we’ve missed something you can’t go without.
But overdoing it just makes eating it difficult and messy, so we’ve kept this relatively simple. Egg, bacon mushrooms, some wilted spinach and a little Chipotle Mayo. Perfection!
How to make it
- Heat a griddle pan until nice and hot. Add the bacon and cook for a few minutes until it is just how you like it. Cut each piece in half.
- Mix the mushroom with a little olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Place the mushroom in the hot griddle pan and cook for 5–8 minutes until you’ve got some nice char marks on the outside and it is starting to soften.
- Melt a knob of butter with a little oil in a frying pan. Add the spinach leaves and cook for a minute or so until wilted nicely.
- Poach the eggs.
- Warm in the oven or toaster (or you could toast them if you like).
- Meanwhile, spread a little smoked chipotle mayo onto the bottom of each bread roll. Add the spinach, followed by the bacon and mushrooms, then top with a poached egg and a crack of pepper.