This Pan con Tomato recipe has a lovely combination of garlic and tomato with our Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste. It’s a really great and pretty healthy breakfast dish or an amazing BBQ side dish.
Try serving this Pan con Tomato as a side to our chipotle prawns or our chipotle steak salad.
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 137 fat 7.2g saturates 1.3g carbs 2.7g sugars 1.3g fibre 0.4g protein 15.8g salt 8.9g
How to make it
- Use a grater to pulp the tomatoes, discarding the skins.
- Push the pulp through a fine sieve, retaining both the tomato water, the flesh and seeds.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a low–medium heat, then add the garlic, Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste and the whole anchovies. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes until garlic is softened, but not browned.
- Add the tomato water and turn up the heat. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the water has mostly cooked away.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and stir well. It should be a very thick sauce.
- Remove from the heat and combine with the tomato pulp. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toast the bread, then spread the tomato over the toast, drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with a little more pepper, the Parmesan and some chives.
Download Our Free Guide To Mexican BreakfastYour free guide will be emailed to you immediately.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne
Comments / Questions / Tips
View all comments
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.