Check Out Our Article On “Nine Wicked Ways To Eat Chilli Con Carne” For More Ideas
How to make it
- Start with the chilli. Finely chop all the fresh veg (onion, garlic, celery, carrot, peppers) and gently fry in olive oil for 8-10 mins or until nice and soft in a large casserole dish.
- Throw in the Gran Luchito Chipotle Chilli Paste, cumin and cinnamon.
- Add the tomatoes, kidney beans and finely chopped coriander stalks.
- Fry the minced beef in another frying pan to brown (this will add flavour to the meat) then add to the other ingredients.
- Add salt & pepper.
- Put a lid on it, leaving a small gap and cook on a low heat for about an hour (longer if you have time).
- About 30mins before you’re ready to serve, get your fries in the oven sprinkled with a little salt.
- Whilst they’re cooking, make your guacamole.
- Remove the flesh from the avocados and mash them with the lime juice until at your preferred consistency (we prefer ours slightly chunky).
- Chop up the coriander and tomatoes and stir through avocado. Season to taste.
- Taste your chilli and add more seasoning if necessary. If too liquidy, remove the lid and cook uncovered for a while.
- Spoon the chilli over the chips, sprinkle with cheese and return to oven to melt.
- Once ready, spoon on the sour cream and guacamole and sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...