Chicken Flautas Recipe
These are chicken flautas and they’re an amazing little Mexican street food snack that hit the spot every time. If you’ve got leftover chicken from a sunday roast, why not give these a go and try something a little different?
If you like the look of these, make sure you check out all our Mexican recipes.
Chicken Flautas Recipe
- 300g Chicken breast (cooked & shredded)
- 200g Feta cheese (crumbled finely)
- 13 Corn tortillas (we used these blue corn tortillas)
- 2 Tomatoes (chopped into quarters)
- 2tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- 1tsp Sugar
- ¼ Head of white cabbage (shredded very finely)
- 100ml Creme fraiche or sour cream
- Place the tortillas in a bowl and place a plate over the top. Microwave for 2 mins.
- Tortillas should be nice and soft now.
- Place one on a board flat and add a small handful of shredded chicken.
- Roll up the tortillas as tightly as possible and lay on a plat with the seam facing down being held in place.
- Repeat until all tortillas are filled.
- Heat a shallow pan with about a 1cm of corn or vegetable oil in the bottom.
- Once very hot, carefully add the rolled tortillas in batches to the oil and cook until crispy. Use tongs to turn and crisp up all over.
- Drain on kitchen paper to soak up the excess oil and leave to one side.
- In a food processor, add the tomatoes, Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, a generous pinch of salt and pepper, and 1 tsp of sugar. Blitz well and empty into a bowl.
- Arrange the cooked chicken-filled tortillas side-by-side on a plate or in a large, flat bowl.
- Spread a about 1tsp of creme fraiche/sour cream onto the top of each tortilla.
- Follow this by the crumbled feta.
- Spoon on the spicy tomato sauce.
- Top this with the shredded cabbage.
- Serve with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime juice.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon
Shred the cooked chicken breastCrumble the fetaHeat tortillasRoughly cut tomatoesBlend tomatoes with Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, salt, pepper and sugarShred white cabbage very finelyRoll shredded chicken in soft tortillas tightlyFry until crispy in oilLay side-by-side
Spread creme fraiche on topSprinkle cheese over top
Spoon over tomato sauceSprinkle over shredded cabbage
Season with salt & pepper