These are chicken flautas and they’re an amazing little Mexican street food snack that hit the spot every time.
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 166 fat 7.1g saturates 3.7g carbs 14.7g sugars 2.5g fibre 0.7g protein 10.3g salt 0.8g
How to make it
- Place the Gran Luchito tortillas in a bowl and place a plate over the top. Microwave for 2 mins.
- Tortillas should be nice and soft now.
- Place one on a board flat and add a small handful of shredded chicken.
- Roll up the Gran Luchito tortillas as tightly as possible and lay on a plat with the seam facing down being held in place.
- Repeat until all tortillas are filled.
- Heat a shallow pan with about a 1 cm of corn or vegetable oil in the bottom.
- Once very hot, carefully add the rolled tortillas in batches to the oil and cook until crispy. Use tongs to turn and crisp up all over.
- Drain on kitchen paper to soak up the excess oil and leave to one side.
- In a food processor, add the tomatoes, Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste, a generous pinch of salt and pepper, and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Blitz well and empty into a bowl.
- Arrange the cooked chicken-filled tortillas side-by-side on a plate or in a large, flat bowl.
- Spread a about 1 teaspoon of creme fraiche/sour cream onto the top of each tortilla.
- Follow this by the crumbled feta.
- Spoon on the spicy tomato sauce.
- Top this with the shredded cabbage.
- Serve with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime juice.