Fully Loaded Potato Salad
A potato salad shouldn’t just be a side dish that no-one talks about. Make this fully loaded potato salad with bacon bits using our beautiful version of a Chipotle Mayo , not to mention a whole host of other wonderful ingredients. It’s time to bring your potato salad into the limelight! This would make a great addition to our Mexican Jerk Chicken recipe.
Cook new potatoes until tenderFry bacon lardons until crispyDrain potatoes and leave to coolCombine Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo with whole grain mustard, white wine vinegar and olive oil
Whisk wellAdd to cooled potatoesPrepare the other ingredientsMix all together
Fully Loaded Potato Salad Recipe
- 1lb 11oz New potatoes
- 2tbsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo
- 1tbsp White wine vinegar
- 1tbsp Whole grain mustard
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- 1tbsp Capers (roughly chopped)
- 2 Scallions
- 3½ oz Bacon lardons
- 2 Radishes
- 2 oz Red leicester cheese (or similar)
- Handful fresh mint
- Handful fresh dill
- 1 Garlic clove
- Get a pan of water on the boil. Once boiling, add a good sprinkle of salt and your smashed garlic clove (this will give a very subtle garlic flavour but not overpower your salad; you can pop the mint stalks in too if you like).
- Rinse the new potatoes and slice into evenly sized chunks. Carefully add to the water and cook until tender. Drain and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, get a pan on the heat and add your lardons . Cook until nicely crispy then cut into crumbs.
- Whisk together the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo, white wine vinegar, whole grain mustard, olive oil and a sprinkle of salt & pepper. Pour this on to the cooled potatoes to start soaking in while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
- Roughly chop the scallion, capers, mint and dill. Slice the radish as thinly as possible. Grate the cheese. Throw it all into the potato mix along with the bacon bits (holding some back to sprinkle on top).
Have you tried this potato salad recipe? If so please let us know how you got on.