It has to be said, turkey mince isn’t the most flavourful of meats. However, with a dollop of our chipotle paste, this lean and healthy meat can be made super tasty. To make this healthy turkey burger we made cauliflower buns to keep the carbs down! It might seem like quite a lot of work but trust us it’s totally worth it.
1 hour 30 mins
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 113 fat 6.6g saturates 2.3g carbs 2.6g sugars 1.6g fibre 1.1g protein 10.9g salt 0.54g
How to make it
- Begin by making the buns. Blend the cauliflower to a rice consistency then microwave it for 4 minutes. Let it cool then use a tea towel to get as much moisture out as possible.
- Combine with a little flour (you can add more if it needs it), egg, salt and pepper and mix/knead until it’s a soft dough. If it’s too wet, simply add a bit more flour.
- Shape into buns and bake in the oven at 200C / 390F for about 35mins.
- Meanwhile, add turkey mince to a mixing bowl and add the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste along with a pinch of salt & pepper. Mix well and form into 4 burger shapes. Place on a plate and put in fridge for a while to firm up.
- Prep the rest of the ingredients. In a small bowl, mix the Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo, Gran Luchito Chipotle Ketchup and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Slice the onion and tomato into thin discs.
- Slice the gherkins and avocado into thin slices.
- Fry the eggs in a little butter / oil.
- Cook burgers in a hot griddle pan (rub a little olive oil over each burger before placing in hot pan). Turn after a few minutes and cook other side. Take care not to overcook as turkey breast will become dry quickly.
- Once buns are cooked, leave to cool and slice in half.
- Spread a little of the mayo / ketchup mix onto the bottom of each bun. Build burgers by layering toppings followed by another drizzle of mayo / ketchup and the bun top.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.