This stuffed courgette recipe is definitely one to try if you’re vegan or looking for a super healthy meal. Filled with protein (thanks to the chickpeas and kidney beans) and epic Mexican flavour (from our Gran Luchito Habanero Taco Mix) the stuffed courgettes make a perfect main or vegetable side dish.
For other vegan recipes check out our vegan chilli con carne, our chipotle hummus dip or slow cooker dhal recipe.
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 82 fat 1.9g saturates 0.2g carbs 10.2g sugars 5.5g fibre 3.9g protein 4.4g salt 0.32g
How to make it
- Start by washing the courgettes and cutting them in half lengthways.
- With a teaspoon, scoop out the flesh, leaving 2.5cm / ½ inch shells. Spray the courgettes with coconut oil and season lightly with salt on both sides.
- Finely chop the flesh and set aside.
- Bake the courgettes for 20 minutes at 180C / 350F, just until slightly fork tender.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion and pepper and cook with the vegetable oil.
- Once the onions soften, add the beans, chickpeas, sweet corn, chopped courgette flesh and the seasoning and sauté for 10 minutes
- Add the tomato sauce and allow mixture to simmer for 5-10 minutes on low heat until beans are soft.
- Scoop the mixture into the courgettes and bake for a further 10 minutes, to incorporate the flavours.
- Garnish with your favourite toppings, such as cilantro, parsley, onion, or even a dollop of guacamole.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.
Does anyone know how many calories and how much protein is in this? It is lovely though.
It depends on if you are eating them all yourself, or sharing them! 😁 This recipe serves three people though, and so it won’t be as many as you think.