These chipotle cheese straws are nothing short of epic! Puff pastry rolled with Parmesan and Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste, baked to crispy, golden perfection – the perfect nibble to go with drinks or share while watching a movie.
These never last long when we make them because everyone loves them – and they know just how easy it is to make another batch when they’re all gone.
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 482 fat 33g saturates 10g carbs 33g sugars 1g fibre 1.3g protein 12.4g salt 0.8g
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas 4 and lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Lightly flour a clean, flat surface.
- If you are using pre-rolled pastry, gently peel the puff pastry away from the lining sheet. If using a block, roll it out to about 5mm / ¼ inch thick.
- Spread the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste evenly over the top surface. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and a little pepper.
- Fold in half and roll out again to 5mm / ¼ inch thick, taking care not to break the surface and expose the paste/cheese (if you do, simply re-fold and try again).
- Cut into strips about 3cm / 1 ¼ inches wide. Holding both ends of the first strip, twist it into a spiral and place on the prepared baking sheet. Continue with the remaining strips.
- Brush each strip with beaten egg to cover the exposed surfaces.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes until golden and crisp. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool slightly before serving warm.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.