There are a few advantages to doing your brussels sprouts like this. Firstly, it saves time. Secondly, kids are probably more likely to give them a go (they don’t look like sprouts). And third, they just taste better. Hardcore sprout fans probably won’t bother, but if you want to make this love it or hate it vegetable a bit more exciting then give this a go this Christmas.
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 165 fat 14g saturates 4.5g carbs 3g sugars 2.1g fibre 2.9g protein 7g salt 1.2g
How to make it
- If not already prepared, cut the bottoms off the sprouts and remove the outer layer of leaves. Wash well and put them into a food processor with the peeled garlic cloves. Pulse fairly slowly to shred everything.
- Gently heat a little olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the bacon bits and fry for a few minutes until crisp.
- Add the Gran Luchito Chipotle Chilli Paste and stir in.
- Add the shredded sprouts and the butter and cook for 7–8 minutes, when the sprouts will be softened but not overcooked.
- Stir in the walnut pieces and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.