Uses Chipotle Paste
Chipotle Cheese Straw
These chipotle cheese straws are nothing short of epic! Puff pastry rolled with Parmesan and chipotle paste, baked to crispy, golden perfection – the perfect nibble to go with drinks or share while watching a movie.
These never last long when we make them because everyone loves them – and they know just how easy it is to make another batch when they’re all gone.
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F, Gas 4) and lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Lightly flour a clean, flat surface.
- If you are using pre-rolled pastry, gently peel the puff pastry away from the lining sheet. If using a block, roll it out to about 5mm (¼in) thick.
- Spread the chipotle paste evenly over the top surface. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and a little pepper.
- Fold in half and roll out again to 5mm (¼in) thick, taking care not to break the surface and expose the paste/cheese (if you do, simply re-fold and try again).
- Cut into strips about 3cm (1¼in) wide. Holding both ends of the first strip, twist it into a spiral and place on the prepared baking sheet. Continue with the remaining strips.
- Brush each strip with beaten egg to cover the exposed surfaces.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes until golden and crisp. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool slightly before serving warm.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Honey