Uses Chipotle Ketchup
Brussel Sprout and Chorizo Quesadilla
Quesadillas are traditionally made by placing a tortilla either wheat or corn with a bit of cheese on a hot pan, folded in half and left for the heat to do it’s magic. The cheese will begin to melt and ooze out of the tortilla transforming it into delicious crispy edges and both sides will become lovely and toasted. Our Brussel Sprout and Chorizo Quesadilla is so delicious it can even transform the biggest sprout hater!
No wonder quesadillas are so popular these days, besides being delicious, they are easy to prepare and satisfying for adults as well as little ones. They are very versatile as you can have a bit of fun and add a variety of fillings suitable for vegetarians as well as meat eaters.
For this recipe we start by frying chorizo with onions, until the chorizo is deliciously crispy and the onions have softened up. This is when we add the sliced brussel sprouts and season them with Gran Luchito Smoky Chipotle Fajita and Taco Mix, Tomatillo Salsa and finish them with a bit of butter and freshly chopped coriander . Fill your Soft Wheat Street Tacos with the grated cheese and sprouts mixture, warm them over a hot pan until deliciously toasted.
How to make it
- Peel and slice your onion finely, chop the chorizo into smaller pieces. Heat up a frying pan and add the chorizo first. Let the chorizo release its oils and then add the onion, stir with a wooden spoon and cook over medium heat.
- In the meantime peel the first layers of your brussels sprouts off, then cut in half and slice them.
- Add the brussels sprouts into the chorizo and onion mixture, season with Gran Luchito Smoky Chipotle Fajita and Taco Mix , a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper, stir briefly and let it cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes or so.
- Once your brussels sprouts are cooked into the chorizo mixture, add half a jar of Tomatillo Salsa into the pan, a little squeeze of lime juice and butter, mix everything and taste, adjust seasoning if necessary, remove your pan from the heat and set aside.
- Fill your Soft Wheat Street Tacos with a generous amount of brussels sprout – chorizo mixture and grated cheese, fold them in half and repeat the same process with the rest of the tortillas.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Paste