Boil potatoes & onion in salted water until tender
Once cooked, add a spoonful of Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo
Cook kale and stir through mashed potatoes
Get some good quality sausages and cook
Make onion gravy by slicing onion and frying in a little oil
Add a little flour and cook for a few minutes
Add water and whisk until thickens
Gran Luchito’s Mexican Stamppot
Have you tried this Mexican Stamppot Recipe? If so we would love to hear how you got on.
How to make it
- Begin by making the mashed potato. Peel and slice the potato into evenly sized chunks. Dice half the onion. Add both to salted boiling water with a bay leaf and cook until potatoes are very tender (a knife should easily slice into them). Drain and return to pan.
- Add the Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo, butter, salt & pepper before mashing.
- Remove the tender leaves from the kale with a sharp knife and slice finely. Add to a little salted boiling water and put a lid on it. Leave to cook for about 4 mins, or until nicely cooked with a little crunch. Combine with the potato and mix along with crispy fried bacon lardons (hold some back to sprinkle on top).
- The most authentic way to cook the sausages for this dish is to steam them. Once cooked, we fried them in a little oil to give them a bit of colour and extra flavour, but this is optional.
- Make the gravy by frying the finely sliced remaining onion and garlic clove in a little olive oil until soft (about 6-7 mins). Add the flour and stir. Leave to cook for a few minutes.
- Add the stock and a dash of Worcestershire sauce if you like. Gently simmer for about 15mins or until you have the consistency you want. Season to taste and add a knob of butter to give it a nice sheen.
- To serve, create a little well in the mashed potato/kale mixture and fill with gravy then top with the sausage, more gravy, finely chopped bacon bits and parsley.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...