Making Mexican Polenta is so much easier than you might imagine and it makes such an excellent alternative to pasta, potatoes or bread. What’s more, you can load it up with all kinds of flavours, which is exactly what we’ve done….
This Mexican Polenta recipe idea would be awesome for a weekend brunch or midweek evening meal. The creamy polenta is full of great ingredients such as crispy chorizo, big juicy king prawns, sweetcorn and of course Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste.
Give this a go, you won’t be disappointed!
For more delicious recipe ideas, check out our recipe page.
1 hour 20 mins
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 95 fat 6.8g saturates 2.9g carbs 2.7g sugars 0.9g fibre 0.8g protein 5.9g salt 0.66g
How to make it
- In a large pan, add the water along with the milk and salt. Bring to the boil.
- Gradually add the polenta and stir until it thickens.
- Turn heat down low and cook for 35-40 mins, stirring every 3-4 minutes. It will get thicker and smoother as it cooks. It’s ready once the grainy texture has gone and it begins to come away from the side of the pan.
- Stir in the butter, Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste and parmesan.
- Slice chorizo into bitesized chunks and fry over medium high heat.
- Once cooked, reduce heat slightly and add sweetcorn and chopped spring onion for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add prawns until pink all over. Remove from heat and stir through roughly chopped coriander (hold a little back for garnish).
- The creamy polenta will solidify slightly if left off the heat, so once ready to put the dish together, gently heat it back up and it should loosen up. Add a little water if necessary.
- Meanwhile, poach the eggs. These can be done in advance and kept in ice cold water until ready to use them.
- Stir in half of the chorizo/prawn/sweetcorn mix to the spicy polenta.
- Pour this into a serving dish.
- Top with remaining chorizo/prawns/sweetcorn, poached eggs, a sprinkle of parmesan, fresh coriander, a little lug of olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Serve with wedges of fresh lime to squeeze over.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.