Steak Sandwich Recipe
Not many things beat a good steak sandwich, and this is definitely a good one. We griddles some lovely flat iron steaks from our friends at Market Porter and popped them between slices of toasted ciabatta with caramelised red onion, watercress and our smoky chipotle mayo.
How To Make
Melt butter and brown sugar together and add red wine vinegar
add sliced red onion
Cook slowly with a lid until caramelised and sticky
cover steaks in a little olive oil, salt & pepper
toast ciabatta bread
pan fry steaks to your liking then leave to rest
Build sandwich with Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo, watercress, steak and onions
- 20g Butter
- 50g Brown sugar/molasses
- 4tbsp Red wine vinegar (you could use balsamic too)
- 2tsp Olive oil (plus extra for cooking steak)
- 1 large Red onion (sliced into discs)
- 2 Flat iron steak
- 1 Ciabatta loaf (or other nice bread)
- Handful of watercress
- 2tbsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo
- Begin by melting the butter in a pan (you'll need a lid for it later) along with 2tbsp olive oil and the sugar. Heat until sugar has melted.
- Add sliced onion and cook on a medium/high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and place a lid on it, reduce the heat to low and cook for a further 20mins, turning the onions after 10.
- Remove lid and cook for another 10mins mins uncovered or until they go all sticky.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan and get it as hot as possible.
- Toast ciabatta slices.
- Cover steaks in a little olive oil, salt & pepper. Add steaks to pan and cook for about 3 minutes on each side (this will give you rare/medium steaks).
- Remove from pan and leave to rest for about 5 mins.
- Wipe ciabatta slices through cooking juices from steak.
- Spread Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo onto the ciabatta slices and top with watercress, followed by onions.
- Slice steaks with a sharp knife and lay on top of onions. Top with ciabatta and enjoy!
Have you tried this Steak Sandwich recipe? If so we would love to hear how you got on.