Mexican Chicken Tacos
Use Sunday roast leftovers to make these delicious Mexican shredded chicken tacos for a quick lunchtime snack. For the authentic Mexican experience you’ll need to get your hands on some corn tortillas, but ordinary flour wraps will do the job.
Our chipotle mayo gives these little beauties the perfect amount of smoke and spice. The addition of ingredients like fresh coriander, crunchy radish, and ripe sliced avocado make this chicken tacos recipe a winner every time.
Check our collection of perfect Summer recipes for more delicious ideas.
Mexican Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 8 Corn tortillas
- 200g Leftover roast chicken
- 3tbsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo
- 3 Scallions
- 1 Ripe avocado
- 1 Lime
- Handful fresh coriander
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 2 Radishes
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot.
- Drizzle olive oil onto scallions and peeled garlic cloves and use hands to cover them. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Add scallions to griddle pan and leave to char, turning occasionally until cooked and blackened slightly.
- Heat a frying pan and add corn tortillas one at a time for a few seconds each side until softened. Pile and wrap in a tea towel to keep warm.
- Arrange tortillas on a plate/board in piles of 2 (this will make it easier to eat as they won't fall apart).
- Spread Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo onto each top tortilla.
- Top with shredded/sliced leftover roast chicken, sliced avocado, thinly sliced radish, roughly chopped scallions & garlic, a squeeze of lime and some fresh ripped cilantro leaves.
- Sprinkle each with a little salt & pepper before serving.
Warm corn tortillas in a dry panGriddle spring onions and garlic clovesSlice avocadoBuild Mexican chicken tacos on soft tortillas with Gran Luchito Smoked cHilli mayoSqueeze lime and garnish with fresh coriander