Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Tex Mex is all about simple, delicious, spicy flavour and nothing encapsulates this wildly popular style than chicken fajitas. Do them well and you’ll be rewarded with succulent & juicy chicken with bags of amazing flavour. Here’s our version using our own Mexican Magic.
Checkout more Gran Luchito Chicken Recipes.
Slice chicken breast into thin strips
Mix together Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste with lime, coriander, olive oil, dried coriander, salt & pepper.
Mix chicken with marinade and leave for a few hours
Chop red & yellow peppers and shallots
Griddle vegetables until charred
Griddle chicken until blackened
Bring together on a tortilla wrap and top with guacamole
Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Chicken Fajitas
Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 2 Cage Free chicken breasts
- 1½ Lime
- Handful fresh cilantro
- 1tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- Olive oil
- 1 Red onion
- 4 Wheat flour tortillas
- Dried oregano
- 2 Peppers (1 red & 1 yellow works nicely)
- 1 Avocado
- ½ Lime
- Roughly chopped cilantro
- Salt & pepper
- In a large bowl, squeeze the juice of 1 lime (add the zest if feeling extra fruity) , a lug of olive oil, Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, roughly chopped cilantro, a sprinkle of dried oregano and a pinch of salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Slice the chicken breast into strips and add to the marinade. Leave for as long as possible, but at least an hour or so.
- Meanwhile, slice the peppers and red onion into thin strips. In a mixing bowl, mix a good lug of olive oil with a good pinch of salt & pepper and then toss the vegetables in it.
- Once good to go with the chicken, heat a griddle skillet until very hot. Add the veg and allow to char on one side before flipping over.
- Make sure the griddle pan is reasonably clean before doing the same with the chicken. Take care not to overcook this as chicken breast is easy to do so. A good idea is to remove the strips before they are fully cooked and then wrap in foil to finish cooking.
- Combine the chicken and vegetables to serve.
- You can also heat the tortilla wraps in the the warm griddle skillet.
- Make a quick guacamole by mashing an avocado with some roughly chopped coriander, a squeeze of lime juice and a little salt & pepper.
- Serve everything on a platter with a few lime wedges and dig in.
Discover some other of our tasty tex mex ideas
Have you tried this chicken fajita recipe? If so please let us know how you got on.