Mexican Jerk Chicken
We love jerk chicken, and we had a sneaky suspicion that it might just work with Gran Luchito. In this recipe we’ve replaced the scotch bonnet chillies with our chipotle paste, to give this Mexican Jerk chicken a slightly milder, but equally delicious result. Another delicious chicken fusion dish is our Mexican Tandoori recipe, we recommend you giving both of em a try!
Gran Luchito Smoky Mexican Jerk Chicken
- 1tbsp Allspice berries (use allspice powder if you can't get hold of these)
- 1 tbsp Black peppercorns
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Fresh thyme (finely chopped)
- 4 Scallions
- 1-2 tbsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste (go for two if you want a bit more heat)
- 1 tbsp Dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 6 Chicken legs/thighs
- Add everything apart from the chicken to a food processor (cinnamon, nutmeg, thyme, scallions and Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, sugar, salt, soy sauce and lime juice.)
- Pour this over the chicken and massage in as much as possible (putting it all into a freezer bag is the easiest way!).
- Leave covered in the fridge for as long as possible (preferably overnight).
- You can cook this on the BBQ or in a griddle pan on the hob. BBQ will give you a more authentic smoky flavour, but remember the smoky flavour of Gran Luchito will give you this too!
- Cook through and finish in the oven. Don't worry too much if the skin gets slightly blackened.
- Serve with your favourite salad and a icy cold beer!
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon
Have you tried this Mexican Jerk Chicken Recipe? If so we would love to hear how you got on.