This chipotle chicken marinade recipe is a really delicious and interesting idea to use our Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo.
Blended with oregano, cumin, garlic and fresh lime, it’s a really tasty marinade perfect for Summer BBQs. We’d recommend trying to get a bit of char on the chicken by brushing on the remaining marinade as it cooks, and encouraging flames to lick the chicken. Be careful not to burn it however by turning and moving around regularly.
Serve this chipotle chicken with either our chipotle coleslaw or Panzanella Salad recipe.
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 466 fat 48g saturates 10g carbs 1.2g sugars 0g fibre 0.1g protein 7.7g salt 0.32g
How to make it
- Trim excess skin from the thighs.
- Mix rest of ingredients into a marinade and place chicken in to soak, ensure it is well coated.
- Leave the marinated chicken for anywhere between two and eight hours.
- Remove thighs from marinade and shake off any excess.
- Grill over a high heat until the chicken is at least 75C / 170F. Thighs are actually quite forgiving unlike chicken breast so you can cook them thoroughly without them drying out. Also they are much more tasty than breasts!!!
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Chicken Fajitas With Chipotle
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.