This is fusion food at its best. Delicious fresh flavours in the marinade combine perfectly with Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste to give it a unique smoky heat.
If you love tandoori chicken then this is definitely one for you to try. Nice easy recipe too, just throw all the ingredients together and leave it to take on all the amazing flavours overnight.
1 large tub of The Collective’s Straight Up will be just the right amount for this!
To make a meal of it, try serving this chicken with some Smoky Ratatouille or herby rice.
24 hours 15 mins
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 127 fat 3.9g saturates 0.7g carbs 9.4g sugars 2g fibre 0.6g protein 12.7g salt 0.41g
How to make it
- Put a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the ground cinnamon, cumin and coriander for 2–3 minutes until fragrant, taking care not to let them burn.
- In a food processor, blitz the coriander stalks, toasted spices, Gran Luchito chipotle chilli paste, ginger, garlic, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and yogurt. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary. Place in a bowl and add the chicken. Leave covered in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat the grill.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and let it come to room temperature. Skewer the chicken and balance them on top of an ovenproof ceramic dish.
- Place under the grill for 10 minutes, rotating every few minutes. Remove and slice into one of the biggest pieces to check it’s cooked. If necessary, finish cooking in a hot oven. Leave to rest for 5 minutes when cooked through.
- To make the herb yogurt, put the mint leaves, garlic and ginger into a blender and whizz to a fine paste. Stir this into the yogurt.
- Sprinkle the chicken with a drizzle of olive oil and the remaining coriander leaves and serve with rice and flatbreads.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.