Spicy Creole Chicken Casserole
This creole chicken casserole is inspired by an excellent recipe by Gran Luchito fan, Tom Parker Bowles. We’ve given the dish a nice spicy kick with the addition of our Chipotle Paste. Really delicious.
1 hour 30 mins
How to make it
- Make a roux by melting the butter in a frying pan and add the flour a spoonful at a time, whisking to a smooth consistency. Cook on a low temperature for about 20 mins, whisking continuously.
- Add the vegetables and stir. Cook until softened (about 10 mins), stirring continuously to avoid burning the roux. Add the Chipotle Paste.
- Add the chicken stock, paprika and season well.
- Cook gently for about 25 minutes. Whilst that is cooking, make the dumplings.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a bowl. In another bowl, mix the eggs, butter (melted), parsley and milk.
- Combine the 2 and mix well.
- Flour a surface and your hands and make balls slightly larger than golf balls.
- Stir in the chicken to the stew, and then add the dumplings. Cook for about 10 mins.
- Serve in bowls with a sprinkling of parsley.