Uses Chipotle Paste
This seriously tasty Mexican corn salad recipe is plucked straight from the streets of Mexico City. Over there it’s known as Esquites, but we prefer to call it Mexican Street Corn. This Mexican corn recipe works brilliantly as a side-dish with our chipotle chicken, monkfish kebabs or our Mexican Pulled Pork recipe.
Be sure to try our Mexican Elotes Recipe, it has similar flavours but the corn is kept on the cob.
1 hour 10 mins
How to make it
- Heat a griddle pan until very hot. Rub the ears of corn with about half the olive oil and place in the pan. Keep turning the corn for about 10 minutes until nicely charred all over.
- Use a knife to remove the kernels.
- Put a frying pan onto a low–medium heat and add the butter, the remaining olive oil and the garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes, taking care that it doesn’t burn.
- Add the kernels to the pan, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Tip everything into a mixing bowl and leave to cool slightly.
- Stir in the Parmesan, lime juice, chipotle chilli mayo and coriander. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve warm or cold.
If short on time, use canned sweetcorn and start from step 3.