This seriously tasty Mexican corn salad recipe is plucked straight from the streets of Mexico City. Over there it’s known as Esquites, but we prefer to call it Mexican Street Corn. What makes this sweet corn recipe so irresistible is the sauce made with parmesan, lime juice, Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo and coriander. Perfect as a dip with Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips or as a side dish when serving Tacos and Fajitas or for your next bbq.
For Mexican corn on the cob, be sure to try our Mexican Elotes Recipe.
1 hour 10 mins
How to make it
- Heat a frying pan until very hot. Rub the corn with half of the olive oil and place in the pan. Keep turning the corn for about 10 minutes until nicely charred all over.
- Use a knife to remove the kernels.
- Put a frying pan onto a low–medium heat and add the butter, the remaining olive oil and the garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes, taking care that it doesn’t burn.
- Add the kernels to the pan, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the cooked corn into a mixing bowl and leave to cool down slightly.
- Stir in the parmesan, add the Chipotle Mayo, the coriander, lime juice and Smoky Chipotle Fajita and Taco Mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips.
If short on time, use canned sweetcorn and start from step 3.