Whether you‘re vegan or a full-on carnivore, you’re really going to enjoy this cauliflower steak recipe. After all, what’s there not to like about thick-cut cauliflower steaks griddled and served on herby couscous with a Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste romesco sauce. The spicy red pepper and almond sauce would work on a whole host of vegetables, so don’t be afraid to experiment with it.
1 hour 5 mins
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 145 fat 9.4g saturates 1.8g carbs 11.2g sugars 2.5g fibre 2.2g protein 3.9g salt 0.13g
How to make it
TO MAKE THE ROMESCO
- Preheat the oven to 120°C / 260°F / Gas ½.
- Put the pepper halves in a roasting pan with a garlic clove in each half. Top with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 45 minutes. Leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, toast the almonds in a dry pan and leave aside.
- Purée the peppers, skinned garlic cloves, Gran Luchito chipotle chilli paste, almonds, tomato purée, vinegar, salt and pepper. Slowly add the olive oil to make a smooth paste.
TO MAKE THE CAULIFLOWER
- Cut the cauliflower(s) into 4 steaks. Heat the butter and a splash of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the cauliflower steaks and cook for a few minutes until golden. Flip and cook other side. Leave aside.
TO MAKE THE COUSCOUS
- Meanwhile, put the couscous into a bowl and pour over the boiling water. Add the butter, some salt and pepper and stir well. Cover and leave to steam for 5–10 minutes.
- Use a fork to separate the grains. Stir in half the parsley.
- Pile the couscous on plates, top with the cauliflower, smother with the sauce and sprinkle with the remaining parsley to serve.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.