Whether you‘re vegan or a full-on carnivore, you’re really going to enjoy this cauliflower steak recipe. After all, what’s there not to like about thick-cut cauliflower steaks griddled and served on herby couscous with a Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste romesco sauce. The spicy red pepper and almond sauce would work on a whole host of vegetables, so don’t be afraid to experiment with it.
If you’re rushed for time you could use our Gran Luchito red pepper salsa as a substitute to the romesco sauce. Be sure to check out these healthy Mexican recipes.
1 hour 5 mins
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 145 fat 9.4g saturates 1.8g carbs 11.2g sugars 2.5g fibre 2.2g protein 3.9g salt 0.13g
How to make it
TO MAKE THE ROMESCO
- Preheat the oven to 120°C / 260°F / Gas ½.
- Put the pepper halves in a roasting pan with a garlic clove in each half. Top with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 45 minutes. Leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, toast the almonds in a dry pan and leave aside.
- Purée the peppers, skinned garlic cloves, Gran Luchito chipotle chilli paste, almonds, tomato purée, vinegar, salt and pepper. Slowly add the olive oil to make a smooth paste.
TO MAKE THE CAULIFLOWER
- Cut the cauliflower(s) into 4 steaks. Heat the butter and a splash of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the cauliflower steaks and cook for a few minutes until golden. Flip and cook other side. Leave aside.
TO MAKE THE COUSCOUS
- Meanwhile, put the couscous into a bowl and pour over the boiling water. Add the butter, some salt and pepper and stir well. Cover and leave to steam for 5–10 minutes.
- Use a fork to separate the grains. Stir in half the parsley.
- Pile the couscous on plates, top with the cauliflower, smother with the sauce and sprinkle with the remaining parsley to serve.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Chipotle Steak Salad
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.